For some time now, we’ve had customizable columns in the Trades View.
You can now also customize your columns in the Journal View and the Dashboard! In both cases, it’s as simple as clicking the setup icon on the right side of the column header, and selecting “Customize columns…” from the menu:
You’ll then be able to choose the columns you want:
For intraday trades, all columns will be used. For multi-day trades, each line in the Journal View and Dashboard may only be displaying realized data for that particular day; because of this, not all of the available columns will display data for multi-day trades. For example, the Exit Efficiency column will not show data for multi-day trade adjustments in the Journal View (although it will show data in the Trades View, where each line represents a trade in its entirety).
You can independently change the columns for the Journal View, the Dashboard, and the Trades View, and they will be saved separately. Set up your journal any way you want it!
Entry and exit price columns are now available in Tradervue. Entry price has actually been available for a while, but exit price is brand new.
Here’s how entry/exit prices are determined:
- For stock, futures, and forex trades, not containing options, the entry price is the price of the first execution, and exit price is the price of the last execution.
- For pure option trades, the entry price is the price of the first execution, and exit price is the price of the last execution.
- For trades containing both stock and options (or both futures and futures options), the entry price is the price of the first non-option execution. Similarly, the exit price is the price of the last non-option execution.
The third case above handles the case where you’re trading, for example, a covered call. The entry/exit prices will both reflect the stock price you executed at, rather than the option prices.
Both entry and exit prices are available in the following locations:
We’ve added two more columns to the list of available columns in the Trades View:
- Price MFE – the maximum favorable price movement during the trade, independent of position size
- Price MAE – the maximum adverse price movement during the trade, independent of position size
Let us know if there are other columns you’d like to see in the Trades View!
With the new flexibility of being able to choose the columns you want to see in the Trades View, we’ve added even more. Two new columns available:
- trade duration – this will look like 01:14:55 for intraday trades (that’s hours:minutes:seconds), or 4d for longer trades
- side – this will be either Long or Short
If there are other columns you’d like to see in the Trades View, let us know!
We’ve added two new columns to those available in the Trades View:
- P&L (ticks) – gross P&L in ticks for futures trades
- P&L (ticks per contract) – gross P&L per contract in ticks for futures trades
Both of these new columns will always show gross P&L, regardless of the P&L setting. If you switch to net mode, their column titles will change to emphasize they are still gross.
We’ve also added totals and averages for the Commission and “Commission and Fees” columns, at the bottom of the Trades View.
Ever since Tradervue was first released, folks have been sending us email asking for certain columns to be added to the Trades View. We couldn’t add all the columns people asked for, as there wouldn’t be enough room on the page for them all.
But starting today, you can choose which columns you’d like to see on your Trades View! Simply click the setup icon on the right side of the list, and choose “Customize columns…” from the menu:
When you select that, you’ll see the list of available columns, and you can choose which ones you want to add:
Clicking “Save changes” will save your new columns, or you can click “Reset to Defaults” to get back to the original columns.
The available columns are:
- Open Date – the date the trade was opened
- Open Time – the time of day the trade was opened
- Closed Date – the date the trade was closed (closed trades only)
- Execution Count
- P&L – the P&L for the trade shown in USD
- P&L (R) – the P&L for the trade, shown in terms of R (risk); only shown for trades that have an initial risk specified
- P&L (%) – the P&L for the trade in % (equity trades only at the moment)
- Commission and Fees – the sum of commissions and fees
- Initial Risk – the amount you entered as the risk in the trade
- Position MFE – the maximum interim profit during the trade (runup)
- Position MAE – the maximum interim loss during the trade (drawdown)
Some of these columns are only available for silver or gold subscribers.
As part of this change, we’ve also moved the links to change P&L gross/net display mode, and the download to Excel link, into the menu.
If there are more columns you’d like to see made available, let us know!