You’ve always been able to filter trades in Tradervue by symbol, among other things. But many futures traders trade multiple contracts, on multiple underlying assets, and need a way to group these together for reporting.
For example, if I have traded ESZ1, ESU2, ESZ2, CLU2, and CLV2, I can filter on any of these specific contracts. But what if I want to see consolidated results for just the three ES contracts? Up to now, tags would be the only solution.
Starting today, you can use wildcards in the symbol filter, in the global filter bar. Specifically:
- Use * to match any number of characters
- Use ? to match any one character
So a few examples:
- ES* would match all ES contracts
- ES?2 would match all 2012 ES contracts
- ESZ* would match December ES contracts in all years
Just one more way to slice up your data, and really understand your trading.